This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Baby's First 100 Words | Leapfrog Learning Resources 100 Words Book
Leapfrog Learning Resources has over 25 years of experience creating beautiful toys for children. Founded in 1995 by a father who had difficulties teaching his son to read, the quality of this product really shines through. This electronic book is designed to teach your baby’s first 100 words, in both English and Spanish, and is a truly wonderful way for your little one to begin to uncover the world of language!
LeapFrog has done it once again with its educational and entertaining 100 Words Book. With adorable “Learning Pals” Monkey, Tiger, and Turtle to guide your little one from page to page, this electronic book is sure to be a hit in your house.
Just by touching the pictures and words on each page, your child will begin learning new vocabulary words, sounds, music, songs, and fun facts. They can learn in English or Spanish with just the flip of a switch.
About The Leapfrog 100 Words Book - Teach Your Baby's First 100 Words
LeapFrog was inspired and founded in 1995 by a father who had difficulties teaching his son to read. LeapFrog is part of the V-Tech line of toys and, as such, has become a brand you can trust with an excellent reputation for durability and educational quality.
With bright colors and cute pictures, this book brings to life the “Learning Pals” to teach your baby more than 100 age-appropriate words recommended by learning experts in a variety of different categories. These include animals, colors, clothes, food, activities, mealtime, fruit, my body, opposites, outside, pets and vehicles.
And with three different play modes, your little one can look forward to hours of engaging and interactive play!
- Mode 1 – Hear the words read aloud
- Mode 2 – Hear fun sound effects associated with each of the words
- Mode 3 – Hear fun facts
Your child will also find a light-up star in the bottom right corner of the book. When pushed, music and songs play to make the book even more engaging and entertaining. There are two different songs that play when the star is pushed: the Learning Friends theme song, and My Favorite Word song.
Key Features Of The Leapfrog 100 Words Book
- Promotes Learning– With this toy, your child can practice the fine motor skills needed to turn the pages and touch the pictures. They will learn the names of objects for over 100 easy words, plus tons of phrases, sentences, and songs in both English and Spanish.
- Attention-Grabbing – The 100 Words Book is filled with bright colors and cute images. It plays fun sounds, music, and songs, and has a kind and gentle voice naming and teaching your baby about each picture. With all this engaging and interactive fun, this toy will grab your little one’s attention and keep it for a while.
- Cause and Effect – Your child will quickly learn that touching the picture or words results in noises, talking, and songs. They will also learn that sliding the mode switch will give them different results when they touch the pictures.
- Educational – With 100 age-appropriate words (rated for 18 months to 4 years) taught in English and Spanish, this toy is a no-brainer. The “Learning Pals” go out of their way to teach objects in English and Spanish in 12 different categories. Not only that, but the fun facts mode provides little tidbits of information about each of the pictures. This will help to set a foundation for learning the alphabet and counting.
- Cleaning– Because this is an electronic toy, you can’t exactly toss it in a dishwasher or submerge it in water! However, you can wipe it down really well with an antibacterial wipe or damp cloth.
- Portability – The LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book has a handle, making this perfect for little ones to carry around and play with throughout the day. You can also tether it to your baby’s carseat, highchair, or stroller to keep them from dropping it.
Pros - Why It's Awesome
Cons - Things To Watch Out For
Learning Baby's First 100 Words Is Fun with LeapFrog!
With over 8,200 reviews and 1,600 specific five-star ratings, this toy is a hit with little ones and parents alike. Parents love it for the interactive and engaging learning opportunities it provides. Little ones love it for the fun colors, cute images, and catchy music and songs. This toy is simple to operate with touch-sensitive images that teaches your child words, phrases, and even sentences. Your baby will have so much fun they won’t even know they’re learning and before you know your baby’s first 100 words will have been mastered!
Still Not Sure What To Get?
Don’t worry, we’ll find you something! There’s loads more ideas here, you’re bound to find the perfect gift!
If you’re still lost, why not go back to basics with our Definitive Guide to the Best Toys for Babies. Here, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to get those creative juices flowing and help you find the perfect baby toy.