This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Baby's First Book | Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book
The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book is an excellent choice for your baby’s first book! Its soft texture and bright colors will make it one your baby will love to look at over and over. The book is filled with cute forest animals for your child learn to recognize along with their habitats. Fun peek-a-boo pockets and flaps encourage your little one’s motor skills, critical thinking and imagination which help build the concept of object permanence.
The book is soft, so it is safe to leave with your baby and can also be enjoyed while sitting on mom or dad’s lap as your child listens to the story. The fun rhyming story in the Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book will enhance your baby’s language development and foster their imagination.
Experts support the reading of books to infants and all through childhood to increase their imagination, language, social, problem-solving, and literacy skills!
About Your Baby's First Book - The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book
The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book has a great rating on Amazon, testament to the quality of this product. Many people rate this book as one of the top purchases for a baby in their lifetime. Parents, grandparents, and teachers all love this fantastic first book!
Lamaze is known for its collection of soft books and toys, as well as inventive rattles and teethers. Lamaze is a trusted brand for children three and under. Their books and toys are specifically designed to encourage babies to meet developmental milestones while being creative and fun.
Key Features Of The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book
- The Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Forest Book introduces literacy to your baby through storytelling, pictures, rhyming, and animals. It is a great book to read to your baby and for them to interact with on their own. It uses a variety of first words to increase your baby’s exposure to new vocabulary.
- The peek-a-boo flaps promote hand-eye coordination and fine-motor skills. They also help baby work on object permanence, the knowledge that just because we can’t see something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. This can be a challenge for young children, and playing peek-a-boo is one of the best ways to overcome it.
- The book is soft yet durable, meaning it will last your baby (and probably your next one) a long time! There are no sharp edges or loose pieces that could become choking hazards.
- The different textures and crinkly sound used in the book promote your baby’s sensory exploration and development.
- Reading together creates bonding between parent and child and increases your baby’s social-emotional awareness.
Pros - Why It's Awesome
Cons - Things To Watch Out For
Baby's First Book!
Whether this is your first book purchase for your baby or your 100th, your little one is sure to delight in the colorful pages and adorable animals found in the Peek-A-Boo Forest Book by Lamaze. Enjoy some cuddle time as you sit down your with your baby to read about the forest animals and discover where they are hiding!
Still Not Sure What To Get?
Don’t worry, we’ll find you something! There’s loads more ideas here, you’re bound to find the perfect gift!
If you’re still lost, why not go back to basics with our Definitive Guide to the Best Toys for Babies. Here, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to get those creative juices flowing and help you find the perfect baby toy.