This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Best Musical Toys For Babies | Take Along Tunes By Baby Einstein
You may have seen the Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes in stores at some point or another. This toy has been popular for many years, and it was recently improved. It’s a favorite baby shower gift for many parents. In fact, this musical toy is often passed down from one sibling to the other, proving that it can survive the test of time. Batteries that only require replacement every couple of years probably helps too! Easily one of the best musical toys for babies out there!
We love Baby Einstein toys, and this one does not disappoint. With engaging lights, classical music, and a big button even your baby can operate, this toy is a must-have for your baby or toddler. Lightweight and small, it’s also the perfect size for carrying around in your diaper bag.
About The Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes - One Of The Best Musical Toys For Babies
The Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy is recommended for babies and toddlers, ages 3 to 36 months, but don’t let that discourage you. Parents report that even older toddlers love to play with it too! This musical toy promotes cognitive development with it’s fun and entertaining flashing lights and seven charming classical melodies:
- Serenade No. 13 in G, “Eine Kleine Nachtmusik,” K525, 1st movement, Mozart (Baby Galileo)
- Nocturne No. 6, K239, 1st movement, Mozart (Baby Neptune)
- Waltz in GB Op. 70, No.1, Chopin (Traveling Melodies)
- The Four Seasons, Spring, 1st movement, Vivaldi (Baby Vivaldi)
- William Tell Overture, “Lone Ranger,” Rossini (Playtime Music Box)
- Piano Sonata in A, K331, 3rd movement, Mozart (Baby Mozart)
- The Four Seasons, Summer, 1st and 3rd movements, Vivaldi (Baby Vivaldi)
Key Features Of The Take Along Tunes By Baby Einstein
- Child-friendly design – From babies to toddlers, kids can easily grab hold of the handle and carry it around. It’s lightweight and on the smaller side, measuring only five inches. The beads on the handle promote tactile stimulation. The button to play the music is big enough for even babies to push, making this toy interactive and engaging.
- Promotes learning – Promotes cognitive and auditory development, as well as music appreciation, by introducing your precious little one to classical masterpieces that are baby-friendly. As we mentioned before, the music is charming and catchy, so if the melodies get stuck in your head, you won’t be tortured as you would with, for example, a certain “fish tune” that gained popularity recently. Plus, there’s a volume button on this little toy that gives parents some sanity-saving control when the melodies have played a hundred times, and the charm is fading a bit.
- Attention-grabbing – The lights and the music engage your baby, easily keeping their attention for a while to give you time to do things you need to do. Perfect for car rides.
- Cause and effect – When your little one pushes the big, baby-friendly button, the lights start flashing in fun and exciting ways while baby-friendly versions of Mozart, Chopin, and Vivaldi play.
- Educational – The classical music from seven famous masterpieces is a definite thumbs up, but once your baby realizes that the big button starts all the fun, a new level of independence will begin to emerge as they learn to entertain themselves.
- Cleaning– This toy is easy to clean with a damp cloth. You don’t want to put it in the dishwasher or submerge it in water because of the batteries and electronics. One drawback to this toy is cleaning the handle and the beads. Getting into all the nooks and crannies in and around the beads can be challenging.
- Price – We did notice varying prices for this toy, but still quite consistently inexpensive and this toy definitely holds its value in sturdiness and longevity. It does require 2 AA batteries, but they tend to last a long time, so you’re not investing a lot of money in replacing batteries on the regular.
Pros - Why It's Awesome
Cons - Things To Watch Out For
Everybody Loves the Classics! That's Why This is One Of The Best Musical Toys For Babies
This toy is simple, yet entertaining for infants and toddlers. It’s portable and can easily be tethered to a carseat or stroller, amother pro for parents. You can even attach a tether to your baby so they don’t accidentally drop the toy. Plus, compared to other popular musical toys, this one is much smaller, packing quite a punch in such a small package. If your bub really takes a shine to this toy, perhaps its time to get them their first musical instrument!
With the charming and catchy classical melodies, you will find yourself entertained along with your baby. However, when the music becomes too much, and you need the music to be a little quieter, you have that wonderful volume control button to bring the mood down from fun to soothing.
Still Not Sure What To Get?
Don’t worry, we’ll find you something! There’s loads more ideas here, you’re bound to find the perfect gift!
If you’re still lost, why not go back to basics with our Definitive Guide to the Best Toys for Babies. Here, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to get those creative juices flowing and help you find the perfect baby toy.