This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Spike The Fine Motor Skills Toy Hedgehog
Spike the Fine Motor Skills Toy Hedgehog by Learning Resources is a fantastic way for your little one to develop their fine motor skills, including grasping and control. The first thing that will grab your child’s attention is the adorable hedgehog face and the attractive colors. In addition to fine motor skills, Spike has numbers on his back to help your child learn to count from 1 to 12 when they’re ready!
Learning Resources’ Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog is an all-in-one-toy to promote physical, math, and cognitive development as they experiment with the quills, how they fit into the holes, and experience trial and error. There is nothing complicated or flashy about this toy and no loud noises that parents will want to turn off! The large pieces mean no choking hazards either.
About Spike The Fine Motor Skills Toy Hedgehog By Learning Resources
Learning Resources is one of the most trusted names in educational toys and materials for young learners. Their toys cover the gamut of literacy and STEM learning that engage and entice children to learn through play. They’ve received acclaim from Good Morning America, Good Housekeeping, and Business Insider.
On Amazon, Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog among the best of all toys in the Baby & Toddler category. Despite thousands of reviews, the toy has a very high star rating, demonstrating the quality of this product and the enjoyment that children get from it.
This toy helps babies and toddlers develop their fine motor skills and hand muscles as a precursor to later developments such as feeding themselves, dressing themselves, and eventually holding drawing and writing tools.
Key Features Of Spike the Fine Motor Skills Toy Hedgehog
- Hand-eye coordination – Spike helps build hand-eye coordination as babies reach to grasp the quills and toddlers learn how to place them in the holes.
- Gorgeous colors – Attractive and bright colors entice your child to play.
- Excellent grasping toy – The quills are thick and formed with indentions perfect for little hands to grasp. Grasping of the toy will help build the muscles and dexterity needed for holding utensils, crayons, and pencils. This toy is used by occupational therapists to develop hand muscles in children.
- Educational – The numbers printed on Spike’s back as well as the bright colors encourage development of skills such as number recognition, counting, spatial awareness, and color identification.
- Price – This toy is great for those on a tight budget. Although inexpensive, it holds its value in sturdiness and longevity.
Pros - Why It's Awesome
Cons - Things To Watch Out For
Hands-On, Spikey-Fun for Your Little One!
Every developmental specialist will tell you that children learn best through hands-on play. It just so happens the Learning Resources Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog is all about hands-on, spikey-fun! Children will have the opportunity to experience interactive STEM learning, develop critical muscles, and fine-tune their fine motor skills, all while having fun with this colorful, engaging toy.
Still Not Sure What To Get?
Don’t worry, we’ll find you something! There’s loads more ideas here, you’re bound to find the perfect gift!
If you’re still lost, why not go back to basics with our Definitive Guide to the Best Toys for Babies. Here, we’ll teach you everything you need to know to get those creative juices flowing and help you find the perfect baby toy.